May 6, 2008

Where is this landfill exactly?

Probably unknown to many, an inactive landfill in Oshawa has come to my attention. Despite my investigative skills, I have not been able to come up with much information on the site.

Its geographic location is in North Oshawa just east of the intersection of Harmony and Rossland Road. It is surrounded by Grandview Street to the West, Corbett's Park to the North, and Harmony Valley Park (formerly the Harmony Valley Conservation Area) to the East. Maps are published on the June 2 post.

The landfill looks awfully like a large, harmless hill. With little details made available - despite my efforts - I am interested in any history, personal accounts or other information anyone may have! You may post comments here or e-mail me at harmonylandfill@gmail.com








No comments: